Yarn: Jaegarspun Zephyr, colorway Peacock. Each skein is 630 yds (2 oz) and I used all but 30 yards of one.
Beads: No, thanks.
Needle: US size 4 circ (Addi Turbo lace)
Mods: (cut and pasted from blog entry 10/13/11)
1. I didn’t do the beading.
2. I worked two repeats of the Agave chart, rather than one.
3. I did a purl bindoff. Technically this may not be a mod. I couldn’t figure out the bindoff instructions as written in the pattern, because it seemed to me that it was written to purl one then purl two bound-off stitches together… all the way across the thing… I think. It seemed to me that would pucker the shawl edge, so I just did a simple purl bindoff. My result looks really clean and neat, so I’m gonna assume it is “correct” that way.
4. I used a US size 4 needle, instead of the US size 4 needle called for in the pattern. “But wait,” you say, “that’s not a modification. Yo used the called-for size!” True, but I always have to drop down 2 needle sizes, what with being a loose knitter (shutup!) and all that, so for me to use the “right” size was indeed a change. And in truth, I don’t know if I got gauge, as I didn’t measure for it, ’cause it’s a shawl, imminently “enlargeable.” Instead, I looked at the fabric as it developed, decided that I liked the drape, and stuck to the size 4 needle.
Started Sept. 24, finished Oct. 12 (18 days).