Yarns: Unknown (probably acrylic) sport-weight yarn in electric blue: 140 yards. Valeria di Roma 100% angora in color #10243 (a true orange): 1.1 balls, with each ball holding 56-yard/10g. For those of you not in the Gator Nation, these colors are almost exact matches for the University of Florida’s official school colors. Also, both yarns were from the stash. The blue was given to me without labels, two separate pull-skeins of unknown length. The orange yarn I purchased from elann.com about 4 years ago, I believe, when it was on clearance. I’d never bought angora before and the color was just too perfect!
Needle: US size 2 and 1 circs (Addi Turbo lace, I believe)
1. I went down from the called-for US size 3 needles, to compensate for my loose knitting. Even using to the US size 2, the hand part of these podsters turned out too big. I didn’t have time to rip and reknit, so I devised some gathers up the back of the hand, wherein I used some of the orange angora to decoratively wrap 3-stitch-wide columns and compress them to be about 1 or 1.5 stitches wide. Each mitt required 5 such columns of wrapped stitches to bring them down to the correct size.
2. I used the orange angora for the mitten toppers, using the US-size 1 needle, making these mitts truly two-colored.
3. I made them fingerless mitts, not fingerless gloves.