Sewn out of low-pile blue velour, using upholstery thread. For the hubs’ computer drawing pad.
Very simple: I sewed a 1/2″ hem that forms a self-casing around all 4 edges of a rectangle of the fabric, then fed some black elastic cording through the casing. I put the cover on the pad and pulled the elastic cording tight. I tied off the cording and snipped the elastic, et voilà!
This was truly an overdue project. I promised it to the hubs for Christmas 2009 and bought the fabric in plenty of time to make it then. In fact, I measured and cut out the rectangle of fabric then, too, and have had it draped over my sewing machine since I moved into this house in the summer of 2010. (I know: slacker!!)
Now my inner procrastinator can stop feeling quite so guilty, as I move one of my oldest UFOs to the FO column.