For Cupcake’s new med-faire costume, this is the underdress. I used Cupcake’s older chemise as a template/pattern, lengthening the original’s cap sleeves to be full-length. I inset some gold-toned netting in the upper front and down the middle of each sleeve. I used 1/2-inch bias tape to form a casing for the ribbon drawstring around the neck opening. I also put a casing about 7 inches up from the lower edge of the sleeves and put a drawstring ribbon through it to gather the sleeves and help secure them around elbow level.
The base fabric is a light cream poly-cotton blend (I think). I bought 4 yards and used most of it, I believe.
Total construction time: 7-8 hours over 2 nights. This totally would have been done 3 hours faster if I hadn’t inset the mesh fabric, but it was worth the time and effort.