Ok, so Spring Baby Cardi pics, plus hat and booties…
You may remember that photo from the last post.
Here’s a shot of the sweater after I got about an inch below the armholes:
A day later, I’d finished the body of the sweater…
Then there was a sleeve:
What?! You can’t tell what’s what? Clearly, the sleeve is on the right side of the photo, with the skirt of the sweater on the left side. The hole is under the arm, and is one of the only two seams in the sweater.
Still can’t see it?
Here’s a photo from a more prosaic perspective, taken after the underarm seam had been stitched up.
And finally, the FO shot:
A few weeks later, I made a hat, using the Twisted Pumpkin pattern from Charmed Knits by Alison Hanson. My only modification: I didn’t knit the stem part off the hat.
To make the sleeve striping patterns on cardi match better, I tampered with the skein. By pulling it out until I reached a suitable starting point in the dye pattern, I was able to make the sleeves look similar. And I set aside the extra yarn, knowing I’d use it for the booties.
And when it came time to make the booties, I made sure to match up the remaining yarn to have both booties starting at about the same place in the dye pattern.
And here’s how that turned out:
And, finally finally, here’s a shot of the whole ensemble:
When all was knit and finished, I had only a few yards of yarn left. (Whew!)
The baby for whom these were knit is named Eleanor, a fine old-fashioned name. Her dad tells me the booties fit now, and he thinks the hat will fit very soon. As for the sweater, it’s sized to fit at about 6 months (I think), although I’m hoping her dad (Thomas!) will put it all on her – and take photos – sooner. That way, I can have the photos to
coo over share with you all here.
As for how I spent last weekend, I was with my sister wenches, recording our first album!!
More on that later. I’ve got to get to bed, as I have to work in the a.m. (Yep, I made the shift to dayshift last week!!)